Parasailing in Puerto Rico is quite an experience. You can glide through the air at more than 400 feet, while your chute is attached to a speedboat racing across the water. The ride can last up to a quarter of an hour, and for added fun you can even take a short dip into the water along the way before you rise up again.
While there are quite a few outfits here which can offer you a memorable ride, below are some of your best parasailing options in Puerto Rico:
1. A & J Adventure, Carr de Maternillo, Fajardo. These guys are not just professionals, but they are fun and courteous as well. They can offer you a ride that’s about 500 feet in the air, and you stay there for 15 minutes. They can even provide you with photos and videos of your entire adventure. Just be ready with some cash, because they don’t take credit cards. But they will surely take care of you, and they’ll give you all the safety info and assistance you need.
2. Watersports, Isla Verde Beach. If you want to get the best view of the beach and the hotel area, this is the way to go. You can fly solo, or you can go in tandem, all for $70 per person. That gets you 400 feet up in the air, while the observers need to pay $20 per person.
3. Flying Fish Parasail, Black Eagle Marina, Rincon. When just about every customer who posted reviews gives them perfect marks, you know you’re in for an awesome experience. These guys are very efficient, and every detail is handled flawlessly. You get up to 400 to 500 feet in the air, and you go smoothly all the way. At $60 a pop, all their customers think it’s worth the price. They can even take care of kids, even those as young as 2 or three years old. There’s also a photo package as well.
4. Rincon Vacations, Rincon. Parasailing with these guys costs $66 per person whether single or tandem, but observers can ride along for just $10. You can then float along the Rincon coastline at 500 feet up, and you get a good view of all the whales, dolphins, and sea turtles. It lasts for 15 minutes, plus an hour on the boat. The boat itself is a 32-foot Ocean Pro Parasail boat that is US Coast Guard Certified and has a 100% safety record. It can carry up to 12 people, so if you have a large group then it’s not a problem at all.
5. San Juan Waterfun, Playa Isla Verde. These guys can get you anything that floats, but if airborne is your thing then parasailing is available as well for only $65. They are the experts in just about everything that’s connected with the water.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to fly high in Puerto Rico. The water looks really great from up above.